There’s something about a meal at a really great Italian restaurant that makes you feel like you’re enjoying a home-cooked meal in Italy. From the fragrant aroma when you walk in to the enthusiastic welcome from those serving you, you know you’re in for a treat. But what exactly makes enjoying a great Italian restaurant so lovely? Often, it’s a blend of the food, the wine, and the ambience.
At La Famiglia, many of our favorite recipes come from our original founders. Pairing those with authentic ingredients means goodness in every bite. You feel so great after an amazing Italian meal because you’re enjoying a number of health benefits from those ingredients:
- Olive oil: This is wonderful source of vitamins and antioxidants, and the monounsaturated fat lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol. That helps reduce blood pressure and protect heart disease and stroke. It’s one of the healthiest oils out there!
- Garlic: This powerful antioxidant is considered a natural antibiotic. It’s a natural blood thinner and an incredibly beneficial herb.
- Tomatoes: The delicious tomato is an excellent source of potassium and vitamins. This is another antioxidant that’s only enhanced by cooking. They’re associated with a lowered risk of cancer, heart disease and osteoporosis. Plus, they can also help reduce inflammation.
- Basil: This antioxidant is an immune booster that helps prevent the build-up of cholesterol, improve blood flow and reduce the risk of heart attach. The herb also has powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mushrooms: Fresh mushrooms are another source of antioxidants that can help lower blood pressure and reduce certain health risks.
Eating healthfully can be truly delicious. It’s a good idea to opt for dishes that are sautéed and not fried, and be mindful with your bread consumption. At La Famiglia, our amazing food combines with our impressive wind list and welcoming ambience to create a meal that’s truly enjoyable from start to finish – and long after.